Seasonal Self Care Ideas for Autumn:
- Cook healing foods: Warming soups, stews, and bone broths keep you warm and nourished for the cooler weather.
- Nature walk: Bundle up and take a five minute nature walk. I was recently surprised to see how many strikingly beautiful birds are out in autumn, including red headed woodpeckers, bluejays, and cardinals.
- Herbal Teas: Rooibos tea, ginger chamomile, and chai blends are a few of my fall favorites.
- Painting: Bring out your favorite painting supplies or treat yourself to some new ones. Painting is deeply absorbing and a wonderful distraction from the harder aspects of life.
- Update your skincare routine: Swap out your lighter products for richer, more moisturizing ones. Oil based facial cleansers are recommended. Apply lip balm frequently as the lips tend to get very dry in fall. Apply organic sesame oil for strong, healthy nails. Additionally, you may want to try a humidifier if your skin is prone to dryness and irritation in the colder months.
- Indulge your senses with aromatherapy: Try my handcrafted Warm Comforts Spritzer. It's a decadent chocolate fix laced with warm spices and earthy patchouli.
- Journaling: Autumn is an excellent time to contemplate the year so far. Getting your thoughts down on paper has a centering effect that relieves stress. There are no rules to journaling; I encourage you to journal without judgment!
- Reading: Try a novel or poetry if it's been a while. Visit your local library and see what inspires you.
- Social media pause: Whether it's for a day, a week, or a month, you will find yourself feeling calmer and far less distracted. You'll also free up so much time to do the other activities mentioned above. This may be the hardest one to implement, but it's possibly the most rewarding!
What are your favorite self care ideas for Autumn?