This year, the Spring Equinox falls on Monday, March 20. The Spring Equinox is a celebration of fertility and new life. It marks the beginning of Spring and a time when day and night are balanced.
New growth is stimulated and supported in Spring; now is an excellent time for making a new start. Heightened creativity and enthusiasm naturally emerge to support you.
Here are a few ideas for welcoming the Spring Equinox:
- Think of a new intention you have for the year ahead. Tie a colored ribbon around the branch of a nearby tree to remind you of this intention.
- Anoint yourself with jasmine, rose, or any other natural sweet scents. Journal intentions about how you wish to feel in this new season. You can then continue to anoint yourself with these aromas throughout spring to deepen your connection to your wishes.
- Plan ideas for your garden. What would you like to clear away? What will you plant anew?
- Invite friends over for an equinox celebration. A potluck can feature seasonal foods like radishes, parsley, beets, avocado, artichokes, rhubarb, etc.
- Have an Equinox adventure. Set out into nature on your own and be open to whatever the day brings. You may want to take a small journal with you to jot down any thoughts or inspiration that emerges.
- Plan a seed swap with friends who like to garden.
- Spring clean with essential oils. Clear out the old to welcome in the new. Find a recipe for an all natural cleaner here.
- The equinox is a time when day and night are roughly equal. Reflect on what ways your life is in or out of balance. What could you do to bring about more balance?
- Be open to change. The future may be filled with experiences, people, and places you've never seen. It may be benevolent in ways you've never imagined.
What is your favorite way to celebrate the arrival of Spring?