According to Ayurvedic medicine, Ojas represents our wellness, vigor, and vitality. You could also say it's what gives us a "glow" that radiates out to others.
As I continue to delve into Ayurveda, I've discovered that certain practices really do add to my life and wellness. I hope you will find these tips useful!
Ways to Build Ojas:
- Loving others
- Acting on what you are passionate about
- Giving and serving others
- Abhyanga (self massage with warm herbal oils)
- Nasal breathing exercises
- Being in nature
- Practice surrendering to what is
- Keep good company - surround yourself with positive, compassionate people
- Eating fresh, wholesome foods in a relaxed manner
- Getting ample rest – 7-8 hours of sleep with the cycles (up early, to bed early)
- Eating dates and ghee (in moderate quantites)
- Drinking golden milk. My favorite version consists of almond milk, raw honey, loads of turmeric, a pinch of black pepper, and adaptogenic herbs.
If you are interested in more Ayurvedic wisdom, take a look at my personal aromatherapy consultations. I offer an Ayurvedic intake and blends that are custom tailored to your own dosha (your unique constitution).